I now think in memes. Computer life has completely overtaken my brain in our new Orwellian culture. What’s a meme you ask? According to Wikipedia (does anyone own … or edit … REAL encyclopedias anymore?!?): “A meme (/ m iː m / MEEM) is an idea, behavior, or style that spreads from person to person within a culture—often with the aim of conveying a particular phenomenon, theme, or meaning represented by the meme.” So on with my greatest hits from 2019 – a year in review via MEMES!
· Thank the good lord for MEMES! Shorter and more diplomatic than rants and easy to digest! So says the family dog!
· Been the “old type writer” & a Facebook addict for over a decade! Such a joy, but I do kinda want my original life back.
· Docs prescribe drugs galore. How soon before TV ads alert the “beloved’s” survivors about litigation opportunities?
· I’m frightened the Donald Trump Show will be renewed for another season.
· New York Times: “Harris regained her first-debate shine” USA Today: “Winner: Kamala Harris”
· Lordy, do not drink and drive…better yet? Stop driving all over the place! Stop drinking! Just get high on life?
· “The computer industry has long operated on fear. Not unlike the White House.” ~ Sage advice from Roy Sexton
· Would compose a memorial tribute to my DISNEY-ESQUE cat, but she defies description. Words are insufficient…
· ALERT: I continually “HIDE THE SIDEBAR!”
· Only so many “characters” allowed for a meme? “Brevity is the soul of wit?” That’s only half right!
· Dr. Fiona Hill resembles the Statue of Liberty…struck by her determined demeanor, naturalness, eloquence, strength. Wow!
· Maybe human voices should not DRIP stereotypical thinking? Cuz all of we humans are pretty much the same, so let’s quit judging.
· As an American, start following current events….uncanny stuff out there on which we should certainly get a grip!
· Wishing to locate a youth serum ala Ponce DeLeon, but I am allergic to the drug/alcohol/quick fix culture!
· Life is endurable in the long run if one maintains a sense of humor at all times…ev’ry ev’ry second.
· So, I am face to face with my “honors” thesis written in my pajamas long into the night nearly 60 years past. Me & Henrik Ibsen!
· Is there such a thing as Trump Russian Nesting Dolls? If not, I gotta get to whittling! COPYRIGHT (my idea first, Mark Z.!)
· Prayer outloud: Baby Jesus, protect my kid, allow my cat into heaven, and help me find the key to enlighten one lost soul. A-men.
· Disney cat died, dental appointment, Roto-rooter visited–“mad as hell” like Peter Finch–then Roy & Krisan happened!
· First kneecap destroyed breaking up dog fight; other knee cap obliterated playing basketball at Notre Dame! Still I walk unaided.
· For president, age group pool should be early 50s or late 40s! Conan, Russell Crowe, Joaquin, niece Kelly or Roy and John!
· Digging BETO now that he left the idiotic race? Wish he would have said “Eff you all!” Want him back! Finally reminded me of RFK!
· So, uh, as to podcasts and linked in, is it allowed to not give a fig about either contrivance or is that politically incorrect?
· Anybody else allergic to smart alecs? We should form a club! They can cause medical conditions!
· Now, let’s make a perfect movie starring Joaquin Phoenix & Kirsten Dunst who just played the same roles: Krystal & Joker!
· RIP? How about LIP? Live in Peace in real time. Love one another and…Listen.
· “Wherever you are — be all there.” ~ Jim Elliott (I knew another fellow named Jim Elliott once upon a time!)
· “Not engaging in ignorance is wisdom.” ~ Bodhidharma (whoever that is?)
· So, Trump has not resigned yet? How much time does he need? So the naughtiness continues forever? How about a spanking?
· There is a god and his name is MOTHER NATURE! And you cannot fool MOTHER NATURE!
· Inquiring minds want to know! Is there such a thing as a rheumatologist anymore? Arthritis DOES exist.
· Wonder if any a-hole EVER suggested to GLORIA STEINEM that SHE get back into the kitchen and talk to HERSELF? Hmmm.
· Damn! If those “humans” (?) inhabiting Washington would cease their bumper car mentality, we could all calm down?
· YES, CORY CARES ABOUT ANIMALS AS WELL AS HUMAN MAMMALS… THEREFORE I LOVE THIS PERSON!!!!!
· “GATHER YE ROSEBUDS WHILE YE MAY” OR SH*T OUTTA LUCK SOME FAR OUT DAY! Live for the moment, dear hearts!
· Got my new tall toilet! Now all I require? Terry Bradshaw walk-in-tub, a fainting couch…and world-wide peace!
· Does anyone else out there nearly faint every day? I know, I know, a million ailments involve light-headedness. But geesh?
· Michelle Williams received an Emmy and gave a speech gone viral. All I need is a new toilet from this century ASAP. Duh?
· One CAN be a positive thinker AND a realist simultaneously! Three cheers and bravo for AL GORE! Should have been president!
· Still in need of a staff…some tranquilizers…and smelling salts. AND to be taken seriously at last!
· Oh, menopausal celebrity ladies, please stop the photo op bikini competition in this evolving society? Doesn’t make sense.
· Loving Cory and Kamala like their moms would..as excited to see them as I was JFK and Jackie– or Bobby! Magic!
· Such a glorious new football field in the offing? But thought we already had one? How much does the new one cost? HIKE!
· We are all mammals, yet some are called animals who by the way are far more forthcoming, Yet, we eat them.
· Certainly can get lonely hailing from another planet.
· If I were somebody else besides who I very definitely am, I would love being my friend on facebook. Seriously! Vain? NOT!
· “I applaud your approach to health, cable television, and small-town America” ~ signed God Himself?
· High, ho! Pretty sure i caught POTS, an actual wonky disease. Furthermore, I know whom and what to blame?
· Anybody out there who wakes up apprehensive and anxious before greeting each day? Tra la? A sign of the times no doubt?
· ARE MAYOR PETE AND ROBERT MORSE THE VERY SAME PERSON? Startling resemblance!
· I certainly must be part Italian; then why do I not resemble Gina Lollobrigida?
· “Can’t get organized until I see what I have, but can’t see what I have, until I get organized. So frustrating!” ~ Kelly
· Hot damn. I do love Cory Booker! No contest! President Cory is the very best bet!
· When Facebook reminds me too much of high school, I am outta here!
· Speak up! Speak out! Do good! Only way to roll. Heart attacks then evaporate!
· Are we in a democracy? Tried to post spunky Taylor Swift and got disconnected from Facebookland? Seriously?
· Is Life just a huge lingerie sale and some climbers seem to acquire ALL of the underwear? (especially Victoria’s Secret brand?)
· Hot damn! Fun to “click” with someone now and again!
· Why oh why does the sidebar refuse to die? Why does it happen? What makes it go away?
· I now have a friend in Canada! And I love her! Across the miles. Facebook sometimes yields results!
· So, why don’t I live at the beach? I have always been a very good girl!
· Cautionary note: Old husbands become their mothers, aka your mother-in-law returns. Shout out to Norman Bates!
· Dear Mom and Dad, what were you thinking? I know you’re up there and tried to warn me once. Well, come back down here?
· A PRAYER! Dear Jesus Christ! I require a staff and not just for herding sheep. Send help?
· Why has existence on this planet turned into a Quentin Tarantino movie? or a Coen Brothers’ film?
· A better world could actually happen…EMPATHY replaces piracy and greed! Another suggestion? Snarky arrogance dies a natural death! Intelligent communication awaits but time is of the essence! Let’s get going! GOD BLESS THE ANIMALS… globe can be saved IF we start there!
· I was once a quasi-joyful and organized human being. I want those two attributes back. Assistance, please? Anybody there?
· CHIP on the finale of BASKETS threw away his cell phone on the very day I threw away my worthless skinny phonebook!
· “Casual cruelty” passing for wit? That is a divine way to describe what smart alecks practice. Borrowed the term from a genius!
· Commercials? They seem to stoke fear, greed, vanity, “keeping up with the Jones’s”, and neuroses and should stop all of that!
· I love Bill De Blasio…is that so wrong?
· And Kamala stated that the barrage of pill-popping ads means some drug king somewhere receives a tax deduction every damned time each of those asinine commercials is telecast…every time!
· I must be allergic, pharma-pirates! OR climate change has me by the butt? OR factory farm sludge in the soil and air will kill us all! (Mammals should NOT eat other mammals for starters!)
· Proud of my physical resemblance to Robert Mueller…means I have earned my stripes I bet! And served my country well!
· ONCE UPON A TIME IN AMERICA? becomes ONCE UPON A TIME IN HOLLYWOOD? Same difference?
· Hey, just maybe Cory won the debate last night. I hope so. Poise and a sense of humor should count for something!
· THE problem with the debates? Too much time spent on jabberwocky “insurance proposals” gab! WTF? Medical industry=piracy!
· The thing about aging? One morphs into the Biblical “Job” no matter what? Oh, help.
· Nadler’s shrug says it all. What ya gonna do with a juvenile delinquent as president surrrounded by other juvenile delinquents?
· So Mueller is a real person who accepted a “challenge” and extended advice. A rare breed and one of a kind.
· Good god, “Molly’s Game” is an odd film. WTF? However, I did love the Freud bashing scene!
· Just figured out which candidate I adore the most…via C-Span in somebody’s back yard! PRESIDENT CORY BOOKER!
· “The Loudest Voice in the Room” is exquisite. A must see! Three cheers for Russell Crowe, master actor!
· Oh, indeed! Toxic masculinity does truly actually exist. And does sadly damage us all!
· So, am I in remission since I have sworn off the medical profession? Sure as Hell hope so! Take your drugs, and stuff ’em?
· COMPUTERS ARE THE DEVIL…AND I WISH I HAD NEVER MET ONE…mind whirring, meaningful communication MIA!